Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sclupin In the Fridge

I had to drop off tax information at my accountant's this morning and stopped by Ballast Point's Linda Vista brewery on my way home. I picked up a growler and two bombers of Sculpin. Dorado, Ballast Point's double IPA was still available in bombers. The guy working the tasting bar said that there are no short-term plans to brew Dorado, as its hops are being allocated to other beers due to the hop shortage. I hope to dip into the Sculpin growler tomorrow night. Ballast Point's standard IPA, Big Eye, was not ranked that high on a BeerAdvocate thread discussing San Diego IPAs. This surprised me as I like Big Eye and find it not only flavorful and balanced, but it has lower alcohol levels than other San Diego IPAs so one bomber doesn't end the evening. I am curious to compare Sculpin to Big Eye.

No comments: