Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ommegang's Adoration Ale

Brewery Ommegang's Adoration Ale is a new winter-style, Belgian strong ale.  I'm assuming it's Ommegang's holiday ale, and with that in mind is how I drank it.  And a holiday beer it is -  full of spices and malt - a sipper not a chugger.  Adoration's label says it is brewed with coriander, cardamom, mace, grains of paradise and sweet orange peel.  I can't say I detected any one of these spices individually, and am not sure I'd know if I did, but together they worked.  Adoration is a spicy, malty beer, with minimal hop presence.  It was a mellower beer than I was expecting with all the spices, and is an approachable Belgian strong ale.  Adoration's 10% abv was initially hidden in its spices and malt, but became more apparent as the beer warmed.  This is a solid holiday beer, and one I will look for in years to come.

No comments: