My beer drinking is way too confined to hoppy beers. Just when I think it's time to expand my style horizon, I see a list like the one above, and think "what's the point?" I like hoppy beers, and better just go with the bitter flow.
- Imperial Red Rye IPA (8.5% ABV, 80 IBU, brewed with Columbus and Mosaic hops, and available in April)
- Citra Session IPA (4.5% ABV, 45 IBU, Citra, June)
- Cedar Plank Pale Ale (6.3% ABV; 45 IBU; Cascade, El Dorado, Warrior; August)
- Symposium IPA brewed as the commemorative beer for the 2008 Craft Brewers Conference (7% ABV; 75 IBU; Amarillo, Cascade, Centennial, Simcoe, Tomahawk; October)
- Double Columbus IPA (8.8% ABV, 98 IBU, Columbus, December).
Monday, January 28, 2013
Death By Hops
I read late last week in Brandon Hernandez's San Diego Reader blog that Green Flash Brewing is releasing six "hop forward" beers in 2013. Green Flash is calling this a Hop Odyssey. My liver's crying. According to the blog post, the first beer is a black IPA, and is scheduled for a February release. The following is a list, which I reformatted from the post, of the beers and their scheduled release date: