Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Post-Mortem

I think I write every year that Thanksgiving - to me - is not the best holiday for drinking beer.  There are just too many starchy foods with non-complementary flavors.  Red wine was this year's dinner drink.  (And for Pinot Noir fans, to me, the $50 bottle Cherry Pie is no better than the $20 Cherry Tart.)  After dinner - stomach permitting - is another story.  A nice beer can be enjoyed by itself and not have to compete with all the other carbs.   This year I had a bottle of Ballast Point's Homework Series #6 Robust Porter.  I did not take any pictures or write down any notes, I just enjoyed this rich, roasty porter.  It was smoother than it was robust, and was the right finish to a fine day.  It is another well-done entry in Ballast Point's Homework series of beers.

No comments: