Thursday, April 3, 2008

Carnevale Ale - BeerAdvocate Review

Here is my first review on BeerAdvocate:

Appearance: A cloudy, light orange with a small, white head that has excellent retention. Poured into chalice glass.

Smell: Fresh, spicy smell. Reminiscent of other Belgian ales, and to me indicative of the Belgian style.

Taste: Lighter than expected from its prominent smell. It has a slight bitterness that grows on the palate after swallowing. The spices are present throughout and add complexity.

Mouthful: It is light, but lingers on the palate and leaves a pleasant, aftertaste with a hint of bitterness. The carbonation is mild and adds to the beer.

Drinkability: This is a smooth beer with a moderate alcohol level. This makes it a pleasure to drink. Its smooth taste - light on the bitterness, balanced with spices - adds to its drinkability.

Carnevale Ale is a well-crafted, excellent beer. It is not my favorite offering from Lost Abbey, but well worth drinking.

Serving type: bottle

I chose Lost Abbey's Carnevale Ale for no particular reason and the format is BeerAdvocate's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.