Thursday, April 10, 2008

Craft Brew at ORD

I found a little gem in Chicago's O'Hare airport yesterday. I arrived at the airport at 4:30 in the morning and when walking from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 I noticed a closed Goose Island Brewing station in the Main Hall between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. I put the location in my memory bank.

The beer stand is located right next to a full-size replica of Edward O'Hare's F-4 Wildcat fighter plane. Craft beer and history - my favorites. I visited the stand later in the day before my return flight. Because the station, which also sells food, is between terminals it is not crowded, as compared to the food stands on the main concourses. It only had Goose Island's Honker Ale, but it was good, on draft and served in a big cup. (It had two unused taps so it may have more beers at other times.) This stand is worth a stop if you are flying United or American, or any other flight leaving from Terminal 1 or 2.

No comments: