Friday, April 3, 2009

Treasure Trove

I felt like the bridgekeeper from Monty Python and the Holy Grail today at Ballast Point, trying to decide between Ballast Point's Dorado and Tongue Buckler for a growler fill. So sure of myself before I got to the tasting bar, then faced with making a difficult, unanticipated decision, "I'd like Dorado, no, Tongue Buckler, wait, I don't know." I imagined myself being launched out of Ballast Point due to my waffling. I finally decided on Dorado, but bought a bottle of Tongue Buckler, too, as a consolation. To top today off, my friend left a growler of Alpine's Exponential Hoppiness on my door step this afternoon. OK, enough bragging because it is unseemly. Seriously, this weekend is going to require a barbecue and moderation. (And if my initial impression from my small taster of Tongue Buckler was correct, it is the best red ale - imperial or not - that I've ever tasted.)

No comments: