Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Bad Union Jack

Firestone Walker needs another distributor in San Diego for its Union Jack. Union Jack must be drank fresh and markets are getting shipments with bottles nearly four months old. I bought a bomber two nights ago at a local market that was dated early February 2009, and it was well on its way to going bad. The store is a high volume beer seller and it gets regular shipments of Firestone Walker, so there is little chance of inventory not moving. After I had the bad beer, I went back to the store the next day and checked and both the bombers and the six packs at the store to verify that both were dated early February, 2009. This is way too old for Union Jack and unacceptable for a beer this popular. I am also frustrated at myself because I made the mistake of buying the bomber without checking the date - a big mistake - especially since I had learned the perils of old Union Jack the hard way. Union Jack is too good to be sacrificed by a lazy wholesaler. (The picture is from earlier this year and is a fresh Union Jack.)

No comments: