Thursday, January 7, 2021

Epic Bruery Post

What did you do during lockdown? Here is an amazing post from Kaedrin Beer Blog that consists of reviews and commentary on forty-three(!) beers from The Bruery. Most of the beers are big Bruery beers with abvs of 10% of more. My stomach ached just reading the post. It must have taken weeks, if not months, to slog through so many monster beers. Respect.

I searched through this blog's old posts looking for The Bruery's beers. I had forgotten how many posts I wrote about The Bruery's and its beers. I was a fan of this upstart brewery that brewed Belgian beers and no IPAs. As The Bruery moved to more and more exotic beers and barrel aged beers and beers above 10%, my interest waned. The Bruery's sale to private equity firm in 2017 did not thrill me either. One thing I liked about The Bruery was that its beers, to me, either hit big or missed big; I can't think of one beer that seemed ho-hum. Reading through the old posts brought back good beer memories: Mischief, Saison de Lente, Loakal Red, Humulus Lager, Trade Winds Tripel, and Saison Tonnellerie to name some of The Bruery beers I liked and wrote about. Good times. 

I still have one of The Bruery's holiday beers from its twelve-year, Twelve Days of Christmas series. I am not ashamed to admit I struggled to get through this series. The beer is Ten Lords a Leaping (I told you I struggled through these beers), and I should do some lockdown beer fridge cleaning and get to drinking this beer.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Thanks for the pointer! That post did, in fact, cover more than 2 years worth of Bruery beer drinking, so it's not quite as insane as it appears. I also managed to share a fair proportion of them (a must for those 15% ABV and beyond monsters), though the pandemic has obviously not been a good time for such things!

I certainly can't fault anyone for being turned off by the monster beers, especially since they still insist on 750 ml bottles for most of this stuff. In some cases, even sharing with 4 other people can be a project...

Rational Realist said...

Two years, that sounds manageable. Still, though, props for trying them all and not hoarding them. I have stopped buying the barrel aged beers because I never get around to drinking them. Funny, too, many stores here in San Diego do not sell much of the Bruery bottles any more. You can find the Offshoot IPAs, but not the bottles.