Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Positive Notes

Last week saw some scary scenes in this country. To offset this, I found some solace in good news from local beer. Stone Brewing is releasing its Neverending Haze IPA in 16 oz four packs. Now, let's see Stone IPA sold in the same packaging. In addition, Stone announced that its Sublimely Self-Righteous Black IPA is back. This is a double IPA with its 8.7% abv. This is being released in 12 oz bottle six-packs and 22 oz bomber bottles (hurrah!). Sublimely is/was one of the best black IPAs. I have noticed recent chatter on Twitter about black IPAs and I am OK with a mini-renaissance for this style.

Societe Brewing has re-released its Agreeable Folk IPA, which was first released last April. I had speculated that Societe would have brewed a fourth special release IPA. I got the release right but the beer wrong. Societe did release a quarterly specialty beer, but it re-brewed Agreeable Folk and not a new beer. No complaints about that. For those keeping time, this is Societe's fourth quarterly special release IPA in the time of COVID. (I know Societe has brewed and canned other non-core special beers during COVID, like its Bachelor single hop IPAs, but I am referencing the Agreeable Folk, Good for the Public, and World of Wonder line of IPAs.)

Finally, I see that work is underway at California Wild Ale's new Ocean Beach tasting room in the former Two Roots/Helm's Brewing space, and at the new Harland Brewing tasting room in the former Benchmark space in Bay Park. 

No comments: