Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Yard House

I went to the Yard House in Irvine, California last Saturday night. So many beers, so few worth trying. The place was packed. The food was decent, but expensive - my wife and I split a $25 fish dish. You have to give Yard House props for building a restaurant around beer, but wish it had more craft beers. It had multiple beers from most of the big "craft" brewers - Sam Adams, Redhook, Widmar - and multiple offerings from Stone. It had every macro on tap. I can't remember the last time I saw Moosehead on a tap list. In addition to Stone, other compelling choices included Bear Republic's Racer 5 and Lost Abbey's Lost and Found. I wanted the Leffe (no beer named) but it was out. I chose St. Bernardus Abt 12 that was served in a small chalice and tasted great. (I did not know it was 10.5% alcohol until I linked to this post - it sure did not have a heavy alcohol presence.) I'd go back to the Yard House, but I'd try to avoid a Saturday night.

No comments: