Friday, July 11, 2008

Anheuser-Busch and Seaworld

It looks like InBev is going to take over Anheuser-Busch. I don't care much and don't think it will change the American macro beer market. Miller is foreign owned, Coors is foreign owned and now Bud will be foreign owned. Miller drinkers don't know it's foreign owned, and soon enough Bud drinkers won't either.

The only time I drink anything Bud-related is at Seaworld, which is owned by Anheuser-Busch and is about two miles from my house. Seaworld has a beer garden where it offers free tasters of Bud and other Anheuser-Busch beers. I was there last night and had two tasters of some beer called Stone Mill Organic Pale Ale, and it was not too bad. I would miss this about Seaworld if InBev decides to sell AB's amusement parks. On the other hand, if InBev offers expanded free tasters the InBev-AB merger could be great!

No comments: