Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Random Updates

Stone's 12th Anniversary Party is August 16th. The festival is at Cal State San Marcos this year after several stints in vacant lots next to the Stone Brewery. I have been to this event three times (7th, 9th and 10th) and it is a great beer experience. I see that The Bruery from Orange County is going to be there along with some Belgian brewers, in addition to the usual group of brewers... Alesmith is releasing its summer Yulesmith on July 3rd. This is a Double IPA, and one of my favorites. It is a little Christmas in July. You can buy bombers Thursday starting at 1:00 at the brewery for $7... The $30 Isabelle Proximus, made by Lost Abbey, Allagash, Avery, Dogfish and Russian River, went on sale last Saturday. It did not sell out and now Lost Abbey's Patron Saints (which includes me) and Sinners get first crack at the remaining stock. Sales start Thursday, July 3rd, at 8:00 in the morning. I haven't decided whether to fork down the $30, but I am guessing I won't pass on the opportunity...

Update: Punted on the Proximus

No comments: