Saturday, January 10, 2009

Alesmith IPA

I wanted an IPA to go with dinner tonight. I picked up Alesmith's IPA, as I have not had it for a long time. It sure was good. It was crisp and bitter. A drinkable, balanced hop-bomb. It is lighter in color than other IPAs and had solid foam. This is a good beer to drink with food as its solid construction holds up to a variety flavors. I had homemade Italian sausage pasta sauce with penne noodles and fish sticks, and the Alesmith IPA went well with both. I was surprised by its alcohol presence, which I don't remember from the previous times I have had it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am an IPA lover, and the IPA from Alesmith is as good an IPA as you will find anywhere in the world. It is reminiscant of the English style IPA, and is extremely smooth. It is hard to find but well worth it. If I was on a desert island, and could only have one IPA, this would be it.

Cheers