Monday, November 10, 2008

A Beer I Want

I want to try The Bruery's Humulus Gold. It is a Belgian Strong Golden Ale, like The Lost Abbey's Inferno and Stone's Vertical Epic 08.08.08. The Summer of Beer blog has a mention of it in a longer post. I checked The Bruery's website and it does not yet have any information. I hope that Humulus Gold will be bottled. The Bruery is crafting great beers. Its Trade Winds Tripel is one of my favorite beers so far this year. (Its fall specialty beer, Autumn Maple, did not appeal to me, and I did not get a bottle, but the reviews have been strong). I have come to enjoy Belgian Strong Golden Ales, and one brewed by The Bruery will surely be a treat.

Update: I just saw and update on The Bruery's website about Humulus Gold. The way it reads, it sounds like Humulus Gold is only going to be available on draft:
Humulus Gold, the "cousin" of Humulus Bruin, is a very hoppy Belgian-style Strong Golden Ale, will be released the last week of October. Very few kegs will be released, so get some while you can!
I hope I am reading this wrong and there will be some Humulus Gold in bottles. The Bruery is also crafting a Christmas beer, Partridge in a Pear Tree, a Strong Dark Belgian Ale. I love Christmas.

No comments: