Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stone Brewing

Stone is re-releasing its Sawyer's Triple. Here is the touching story of Sawyer's genesis. I think I am going to go to make the trek to Stone on Saturday. It's obviously for a good cause and Sawyer's Triple is only being sold at the brewery.

Another reason to visit Stone this weekend is possibly getting another Stone collaboration beer. I read about this last night on the Summer of Beer blog. This is Stone's second collaboration beer and this time is being brewed with Jolly Pumpkin Brewing Company and Norwegian craft brewer Nonge-O. This beer is a special Christmas beer. Here is a post from Summer of Beer on the collaboration:
I've never had a Nonge-O beer, so I don't know exactly what angle they'll put on the beer, but you can guess it's gonna be hops from Stone and funk from Jolly Pumpkin. The beer will also supposedly feature Southern California white sage, juniper berries, chestnuts, and caraway seed per beernews.org.
This beer sounds interesting, a traditional winter beer with a decidedly Stone twist. The addition of sage and juniper reminds me of Anchor's Christmas Ale. If the collaboration is not available Saturday, I will search for it in early December.

No comments: