Monday, August 25, 2008

Karl Strauss Strikes Again

We went to Island's for dinner. I had forgotten how much I don't like it - noisy, overpriced and you have to ask for plates and napkins. The beer menu was Bud Light, Coors Light and several offerings from Karl Strauss, plus a house beer. The house beer was a Golden Ale brewed by none other than Karl Strauss. The second Strauss brewed house ale I have encountered in a week. I did not try it and opted for Strauss' Red Trolley Ale. Maybe it was my mood or the Island's ambiance, but it was almost undrinkable. Its color was more brown than red (Brown Trolley), and it looked like root beer, and left a funny, metallic aftertaste. Horrible. The way Strauss is getting distribution and contract brewing jobs, I wish its brewers were half as good as its sales force.

No comments: