Monday, August 18, 2008

North Coast Pranqster

I had two draft North Coast Pranqsters last weekend. This is an excellent Belgian Golden Ale. BeerAdvocate lists it as a Belgian Strong Pale Ale, but it tasted to me like a Duvel-Style Golden Ale. Either way, it's tasty. I don't know much about North Coast, except for its Old Rasputin, a Russian Imperial Stout. I have not tried it, nor have I tried any Imperial Stout, as the heavy style is, to me, just not conducive for Southern California. North Coast also sells beers through Trader Joe's, such as ACME IPA and Red Seal. I will be looking for more North Coast beers and want to try Old Stock and Brother Thelonious. Pranqster had a smooth, rich taste, and a lustrous light orange color. It was served in a stout chalice that accented its color. I want to find this beer in bottles.

No comments: