Sunday, October 12, 2008

San Diego Brewing Company

I visited San Diego Brewing Company twice this week - kind of a freak of beer nature. I had some good beers - duh! I had Alpine's Pure Hoppiness, it was stunning, along with a Stone Triple. I was told this was a Stone Triple IPA. This made me take notice. I know Stone is brewing a lot of new beers, but I had not heard it had brewed a triple IPA. It had not. The beer was clearly a Belgian tripel. (Oh, the semantics of it all.) Anyway, it was good. I'd like to try it again when its not sandwiched between two IPAs.

On my second visit I had Alpine's Duet on cask. It was the first time I had tried Duet, Alpine's IPA. It was good, but Pure Hoppiness is amazing. Finally, I had a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. This is one of my favorite holiday beers and seeing it on SDBC's beer list I had to try it to usher in the Holiday Beer Drinking Season. I cannot eat at SDBC anymore. I had a massive migrane after eating there (and no, it was not the beer).

No comments: