Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In The Fridge

I recently stopped by Pizza Port's bottle shop and bought a Devotion and Moylan's Hopsickle. Hopsickle is a triple IPA, judging from its label, and has received positive reviews on BeerAdvocate. The guy at the bottle shop was anxious to help customers choose beers and recommended the Hopsickle. The bottle shop is incredible and warrants a post in itself.

A local grocery store, Barons, has ramped up its beer selection (among other items). It stocks a number of Belgians and a wide selection of local breweries. I picked up a New Belgium 1554, a dark Belgian ale. I am not a fan of New Belgium's Fat Tire - too macro for me - but liked its seasonal 2 Degree Below. I am looking forward to drinking 1554 with a stew or some other hot dish. I like the low alcohol of about 5.5%. I also picked up Deschutes' Hop Trip, a fresh hopped ale. I had a Sierra Nevada fresh hopped ale a Stone's Tenth Anniversary and it stuck in my mind, so I am hoping Hop Trip is as memorable.

No comments: