Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Beverages 4 Less

I found the High Tide Fresh Hop IPA at Beverages 4 Less in Santee. This liquor store is on Mission Gorge Road, just east of where the 125 dumps into Mission Gorge Road. Despite its appearance and location in a run-down strip mall, it had a great selection of craft beers. It had a solid selection of San Diego craft beers, including Pizza Port / Lost Abbey beers (even a few bottles of Gift of the Magi), Stone, Ballast Point, Alpine and Lightning. It had Allagash, Deschutes (including a not-for-sale bottle of The Abyss), and many other craft and Belgian beers.

I stumbled on this place when shopping in Santee. I needed to get a couple of beers for a friend and knew Alpine beers were sold at a store in Santee. I searched Alpine's website on my iPhone and saw that Beverages 4 Less was a quarter-mile from where I was shopping. A quick detour lead to a great beer store find. I am concerned about the freshness of some of Beverages 4 Less's beers, so buyer beware.

No comments: