Friday, May 2, 2008

Lost Abbey Visit

I went up to the Lost Abbey this evening to pick up the second set of beers (out of six) and a shirt as part of my Patron Saint membership. What a beer scene. The place was packed with beer geeks (and some non-geeks). I was greeted with a sample of Devotion as I entered the tasting bar. Praise the Lord. I had my young daughters with me so I could not camp out for a few beers, but the bartender brought a game for them to play as I had my tasters and and picked up my loot. I received my shirt and two bottles of Judgment Day and added a bottle of Devotion and a growler of Pizza Port's Amigo lager. (It's a forty-five-minute drive so why not.) I want to go back during tasting bar hours (Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons) and savor Lost Abbey's heaven on draft.

No comments: