Thursday, January 30, 2020

An Epic Return

Stone Brewing is releasing a new Vertical Epic: 02.02.2020 Epic Palindrome Ale. According to the email from Stone Brewing, it is a limited California-only release, even for on-line sales. This beer, according to the email, "is a half Belgian-inspired, half Stone-inspired ale and features sweet orange peel and tangerine. Incredibly tasty now, but destined to mature beautifully over time." Stone Brewing is also re-releasing its 2015 version of the original Vertical Epic 02.02.02 and the 2016 version of Vertical Epic 08.08.08.

I missed the first Vertical Epic, but made sure to try the remaining eleven. I still have a number of Vertical Epics lined up in my closet. I liked some releases better than others, in particular I enjoyed the middle releases. All versions in the series expanded my beer knowledge and beer tasting experience.  (The Bruery did something similar with a Twelve Days of Christmas theme, but those beers became so big (~12% abvs, for example) and so outrageous in their flavor and ingredients, I lost interest long before the 12 Drummers Drumming.) I am looking forward to 02.02.2020 Epic Palindrome Ale because it is a new beer, the first Vertical Epic over seven years, and it is being sold in 22 oz bomber bottles.

Vertical Epic 10.10.10 from 2010

No comments: