Monday, July 28, 2008

The Bruery

I had my first beer from The Bruery a week and half ago. It was its Orchard White, a Belgian witbier. I got it at Texas Liquors in Carlsbad that is located up the street from Pizza Port.

Here is a picture of the beer. It was light in color, but had a distinct Belgian flavor. It's a great tasting, quality beer. It has a yang to its ying in a Black Orchard (black wit) that I hope to try in the near future.

The Bruery is a new craft brewery in Orange County. Los Angeles is a beer desert and The Bruery is helping fill a huge void. The owner is a young attorney who realized he'd rather brew good beer than practice law. I read so many legal documents for my work that I can't argue with his career choice. The Brurery is brewing sophisticated Belgian-style beers, no amber ales, oatmeal stouts or other forgettable beer styles that are the typical brewery defaults. In a world where most peoples' version of a craft beer is Sam Adams or Fat Tire, The Bruery has jumped right to extreme beers. The Bruery is the future of the craft beer industry - making beer for people that care about what they eat and drink, not a formula approach designed for the masses. (The Bruery is not alone in this philosophy.) The craft beer market is ready for this type of brewer, and I look forward to supporting it and wish it success.

No comments: