Friday, July 25, 2008

Victory Prima Pils

I picked up a Victory Prima Pils at the Pizza Port Bottle Shop. My wife thought it was too funky-skunky. It had a little skunk to it, but that is function of style, not a beer gone bad.

I liked it and could easily had a few more. I think it's too hot in California to brew too much pilsner so that is why I tried Victory. Plus, with all those Germans in Pennsylvania, I figured their heritage would show through. You won't be disappointed with this beer.

As a side note, I also picked up a growler of Pizza Port's Party Pants Pilsner (I think that was its name). It was really good, too. It debunks my theory about California being too hot to brew a good pilsner. This beer seemed somewhat more mellow than the Prima, but still had that crisp, slightly sour taste of a pilsner.

No comments: