Friday, August 22, 2008

San Diego Brewing Company

We went to the San Diego Brewing Company (SDBC) last night after shopping in Mission Valley. I had a mixed result. The restaurant seemed dirty, especially the bathroom with an overflowing urinal, and the meat on the hamburger my wife and I split had a funny taste. (We sent it back and it was removed from our bill.) The nachos sure were good. I always thought of SDBC as a restaurant first (I used to visit at lunch (no beer) when I worked in Mission Valley) and brewery a distant second. That is changing. Its house brews included a dubbel and a saison. I tasted the dubbel and it was good, but I was not in the mood for a beer that rich. It's good SDBC is stepping up and brewing interesting beers (Brew House at Eastlake take notice). In addition to its beers it had twenty or twenty-five guest beers on tap, including Blind Pig, Avery's Ale to the Chief and Deschutes' Black Butte XX porter.

No comments: