Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ocean Beach Continues to Explode

I blogged about the Blue Parrot in March. Blue Parrot is a Mexican restaurant in Ocean Beach with a good selection of craft beers. At the time it had fifteen taps. Now it has twenty-three taps, and many of these taps are rotated on a regular basis with new beers. A good craft beer selection just became a great craft beer selection. On Friday night it had Stone Brewing's Cali-Belgique and Sublimely Self-Righteous (along with Arrogant Bastard and Pale Ale), Green Flash's Hop Head Red, and North Coast's hard to find Pranqster and Le Merle, to name just some of the available beers. Pranqster, a Belgian-style golden ale, is an amazing beer and I did not do it justice as I pounded it waiting for my to go order. Last week Blue Parrot had Bear Republic's Apex double IPA on tap. Blue Parrot has various happy hours, the main one being 2:00 to 6:00, so you can try a great beer for $3.50. If I have one complaint I think the the beers are served in thick bottomed, faux pint glasses. I will try to take a picture to show the glass.