Thursday, January 14, 2010

3rd Corner Adds Taps

I like The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro in Ocean Beach.  It is a casual, but upscale bistro that also serves as an excellent wine store.  It has always had a handful of bottled beers at its bar, but none for sale in its wine shop.  Beer was clearly an afterthought.  For wine lovers, this place is great.  It has a huge selection of wine, mainly from small wine producers, priced from cheap to expensive.  Typically, you order your food, walk around and choose a bottle of wine to purchase. The wine prices are at retail, so there is no "restaurant" markup, and the corkage is only $5.  This arrangement is hard to beat, outside of eating at home.

I received an email today saying that The 3rd Corner has reconfigured its bar and is now offering draft beer.  For me, this is great news. I have been bugging the management there for years to add a few taps.  The bottled beer selection has improved in recent months, but was still not that great.  I don't have any information on the number of taps or types of beer that will be offered, so that gives me an excuse to rove on over to conduct some research.  I can see The 3rd Corner's excellent cheese platter and a pint in my near future....

No comments: