Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The IPA That Wasn't

Another title for this post could have been "Tastes Like Puke." After a business trip to Northern California a few weeks ago (that included a brief stop at Russian River), I stopped in at the Pyramid pub in the Oakland Airport. I tried Pyramid's Thunderhead IPA. The beer was undrinkable and had a faint aftertaste of puke. Here is a picture of the vile brew. While the pour sucks, the beer looks pretty inviting and gave no indication of the looming disaster in the glass. I am thinking that I may have not even had the Thunderhead because the beer did not even taste like an IPA. Not sure what else it could have been becuase Utter Shit is not a beer style. It had no hop bitterness and no corresponding sweetness or floral flavors. The only thing I remember was the vomit aftertaste. I could not even drink the beer. Pure swill.

No comments: