Monday, September 29, 2008

Texas Barbeque

I went to Rudy's "Country Store" & Bar-B-Q two weeks ago in Round Rock. I had no beer, but sure had some good Bar-B-Q. I just checked Rudy's home page and it is a regional chain of barbecue joints, some that are company owned and some that are franchised. I went to a franchised location, not that it matters or that I could tell the difference. Here is a picture of the counter where you order your food cafeteria-style:


I like Texas barbecue, especially brisket. It's all beef and no bone. Rudy's carries ribs, too, but in Texas one has to get the brisket. Notice the big tub before the counter, it's filled with ice cold beer and soda. I had been to this exact restaurant about four years ago and could not remember its name. This, and other Rudy's locations are unique in that they, like the original, are attached to a gas station. I am glad I made it back to Rudy's and that I now remember its name, because I sure had not forgotten its food. Now, if Texas could only make a beer as good as its brisket....

No comments: