Sunday, February 13, 2011

British Beer

I found this article in last Saturday's Financial Times interesting.  The story is worth reading if only for the quote below from Campaign for Real Ale (Camra) co-founder Michael Hardman:
“Everybody’s different. I reckon if my mother-in-law drank 14 units a month she’d be dead, she just couldn’t take it. If I had to cut down to 14 units I’d be dead, because I’d be bored stiff,” growls Hardman.
I am guessing units are pints.  The article did not do much to change the impression that Camra is just a bunch of rocky middle-aged men.

1 comment:

Jeff Gordon said...

Hey, great work on the blog. Can't seem to find your contact info anywhere, would love to get in touch with you about a project we're working on with local beer bloggers. If you're interested, send me your info to flash at taphunter.com

Thanks!